DermaDry Total tap-water ionophoresis device for hyperhidrosis
The DermaDry Total hyperhidrosis treatment device provides a non-invasive, drug-free and needlestick-free treatment method for those who suffer from excessive, uncontrollable sweating (hyperhidrosis) of the hands (palmar hyperhidrosis), feet (plantar hyperhidrosis), hands & feet (palmoplantar hyperhidrosis) or the underarms (axillary hyperhidrosis).
It is designed to be suitable for stand-alone use in consumers above 13 years of age. (This device is not suitable for children under 13 years old unless being under constant supervision by an adult.)
The DermaDry Total device was specifically designed for home treatment of hyperhidrosis, so its use is extremely simple and can be learnt in a few minutes.
The duration of one treatment session (predefined) is 15 to 20 min. A course of treatment consists of 12-14 therapy sessions, which provides skin dryness lasting up to 6-8 weeks. Sweating reoccurs over time, that's when a new course of treatment is needed.
The machine works using the most advanced technology based on pulsed current, thus ensuring the best results. Its relability is proved as the Dermadry's iontophoresis machine is showcased on the website of the International Hyperhidrosis Society (a society of doctors involved in the treatment of excessive sweating) as one of the most trusted hyperhidrosis treatment solutions.
Clinically proven results! Clinical trials have demonstrated that success rates generally range between 93 and 100% of patients in the sample group!
- The use of tap water ensures uniform treatment over the entire problematic target region. For example, if you experience an increased sweating of your palms, then this iontophoresis machine will stop sweat secretion (sweating) on the entire palmar surface of your hands and not just on a small area of it.
- In order to eliminate sweating you need to apply a certain electric current intensity onto the targeted skin areas. If you do not feel the electric current during treatment, it means that you have set a low current level and you can expect a minimal therapeutic effect.
- Treatment success depends in part on the applied current strength. Higher current levels work better, but they can be uncomfortable.
- The tolerable current strength differs for each person. You should set the treatment strength based on your skin's sensitivity. Please set the highest comfortable current level, that you can tolerate without pain.
- Each treatment profile (hands, feet and underarms) has its own settings with different current strengths, since different current levels are required for the treatment of your hands, feet or armpits. Generally, the hands and feet can tolerate a higher current strength than the underarms.
- The treatment frequency depends on the severity of hyperhidrosis. In mild cases, treatments at intervals of every other day are sufficient, although in severe cases, you can perform up to two treatments a day.
- The treatments should be administered as a course therapy. Namely, start with an intensive treatment schedule for 10-14 days, and after achieving beneficial effects, switch to "maintenance" phase, i.e., with about 1-2 treatments per week you can maintain this favorable condition for 2-3 months.
- If hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) returns, start a new intensive course therapy.
- After a couple of months you will be able to rely on your own individual experiences. Treat according to this periodic remission and return of the symptoms.
- Unfortunately, the tap water iontophoresis does not cure the disease itself, however, you can suppress the symptoms with it. Its main advantage is that you do not need to use / deploy any chemical substances.
DO NOT use iontophoresis for the treatment of hyperhidrosis if you have any of the following conditions: In case of any doubts, please contact your doctor for medical advice.
- Cardiac pacemaker
- ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
- Heart problems (e.g. cardiac arrhythmia)
- Seizure disorders (if you had an epileptic seizure)
- Pregnant or suspected pregnancy
- Metal-containing intrauterine device (IUD)
- Metallic implants in the area to be treated or near to it
- Large skin lesions and skin erosion (being so extensive that you cannot cover it with petroleum jelly)
- Skin infections (erysipelas)
- Polyneuropathy (impaired sensation) in the treated area (in hands, underarms or feet)
- Malignant tumor in the area to be treated
- Acute phlebitis (inflammation of a vein) and thrombosis
Potential side effects
The side effects of iontophoresis are almost exclusively mild and may occur on a temporary basis, namely, they soon disappear after withdrawal of treatment.
- Irritation, skin reddening (erythema), burning sensation, small blisters (vesiculation), and itching (pruritus). If you experience such symptoms, apply a lower current intensity, but first wait until symptoms disappear completely before starting your next treatment.
- "Stinging" sensations. Slight pain could be felt as an effect of the electrical current at the beginning of the treatment or after the polarity alternating sequence. If you reduce the intensity of treatment, these sensations and the pain will be gone (although the treatment efficiency will also be reduced slightly).
- Increased sweating. After the first few treatments, you may experience an increase in sweating. Don't worry, after a few treatments, everything "returns" to a normal order, i.e., this symptom will subside.
- Skin dryness. As a result of iontophoresis, the skin can dry out. Please use a moisturizing cream after the treatment sessions.
Content of the price
DermaDry controller (control panel), mains adapter (AC adapter/plug adapter), a pair of cables, 2x2 metal electrodes (2 Hands & Feet Electrodes and 2 Underarm Electrodes), 2 Cotton Towels, 4 Underarm pockets (sponge cases), 2 treatment trays (secure case)
Product is available in stock
Customer Support: Immediately available in stock